Almost three weeks ago I decided to do something drastic (drastic for me anyways) and I cut gluten out of my diet. It was a tough decision because I’m in love with all things bread. I can always go for a big bowl of pasta, people always bringing donuts into work and cookies are my weakness.
I made this decision after coming across several studies and medical journals about how cutting gluten can decrease your pulling. To make things better, cutting gluten is one of the recommended diet changes for another medical issue I have with my thyroid. It was decided. I thought about doing it a year or so ago when I first came across the research, but now I have two reasons to cut it.
How bad can it be? I typically eat fruit, veggies and meat anyways. So far, it’s not that bad! I’ve seen a significant decrease in my pulling urges and decrease in my flare ups with my thyroid. I’m killing two birds with one stone. I haven’t missed it too much anyways. I should be eating healthier anyways, so this gives me just another reason to!
I feel slightly more tired than usual. I’m sure my body is just getting used to the changes. So far, it’s doable, and the benefits I’m receiving from it (especially the decrease in my pulling urges) is beyond worth it. I’m so happy I’ve decided to do this. It could be a lifestyle change that could turn into a lifestyle of long hair and no pulling!
No comments:
Post a Comment